It has been a while since I have written as I have been deep into preparations for my 3rd annual trip abroad - this year to Ischia, Italy, which is a small island off the coast of Naples. The trip was last week and our lives are changed forever.
“My head is bursting with the joy of the unknown. My heart is expanding a thousand fold.“~Rumi
Ischia was much more beautiful than imagined. Taking a step off the ferry is like stepping back in time. There are very few English speakers on the island and the feel is that of true authentic Italian Living - from watching the fisherman with his small boat to the grandmother shop owner who packs her granddaughter’s lunch every day when her son pulls up to the store on his vespa with her granddaughter.
In addition to the traditions, the island has its own magical feel -with all the senses as if it was the first time to experience the simple things in life:
- the tastes of the simple yet amazingly fresh and robust food - from bruschetta to cappuccino to gelato, each bite was as if experiencing each taste for the very first time
- the sweet scents of the plentiful fruits of the island - lemons, oranges, pomegranates, grapes, figs and more
- the sights -the beautiful scenery at every corner - a new bay, cliffside, port or town
- the sounds of the island - waking up to roosters every morning, the random cliffside cannon being fired - celebrating a saint or merely someone’s birthday, or the rumble of the cars on the cobblestones
- and the amazing feel of the island - sitting on a volcanic energy (the island is volcanic) providing the source of healing thermal waters for many as they journey here every year for healing.
- This Italian island’s motto is: “La Dolce Vita” (The Sweet Life) - where they are not a slave to time as people do things when they are ready and when it feels right
It forced all of us to slow down and be in the present moment. Everything seemed so simple, yet so profound. There is something about taking time out of your every day and stepping outside our comfort zones to the unknown - seeing things through beginners and a playful mind. Each moment was pure sweetness.
The group that joined us quickly formed a special bond that will last for years to come. We shared these amazing experiences together - we laughed together, cried together, shared our greatest fears and dreams together, and supported each other.
These retreats are the culmination of a lot of effort each and every year to create a sacred space for each person to slow down, get outside the every day, and experience life from a different perspective and then take that perspective with you for your life going forward. If you ever have the chance, give yourself this gift. :) You will gain so much - your mind and heart will open a little bit more!
Making time for yourself or experiencing “La Dolce Vita” is available to you right here, right now. Here’s how you can begin to give yourself that gift:
- Private Yoga Sessions - helping in all aspects of life from physical posture correction to yoga philosophy, meditation and life coaching.
- Private Thai Massage Sessions - If you have never tried a Thai Massage, give yourself permission. Once you receive a Thai Massage, you will be hooked!
- Workshops around town. There are two chances for you to experience my Partner Yoga and Thai Massage Workshop. Bring your honey or your best friend! :)
- Retreats - I am in the process of finalizing details for next year’s retreat.