“One day you will wake up & there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.” - Paulo Coelho
As the year is coming to a close, I always like to reflect on the closing year and create new intentions for the year to come. The life I have created is a life full of intention setting, gratitude and conscious choices. Each year, I sit down and journal to be honest and humble with myself - to literally count my blessings, notice tendencies or habits that I want to let go of, and create intentions and goals for the new year.
2014 for me has been a year or truly counting every one of my blessings. I shared with you that in April 2013, my father suffered from a subarachnoid brain hemorrhage that kept him in the Neuro ICU for 6 weeks. The fact that he is living a normal quality life now is nothing short of a miracle. This is a reminder that none of us live forever.
I have really focused on telling people how I feel about them - and spending as much time as possible with everyone I love. Being part of people’s lives is an effort on everyone’s part. If you are sitting back holding grudges on family or friends on who should have done what - DON’T. Think about if it was your last days - what would you want to say to that person? What would you want them to know? What would you need for yourself for healing?
Questions to ask yourself - be honest with your answers:
It really is about priorities for me. I ask myself - how and where do I want to spend my time? Who do I want to be with? What impact do I want to make?
Where am I being too hard/judging on myself? or others?
Where can I lighted up on myself/others?
Create intentions around those realizations
Turn the intentions into concrete goals - “I will make sure I see my family at least 3 times this year”
“I will give my daughter compliments at least once/week instead of always getting on her case about things”
2015 for me means:
- Not taking things so seriously - having fun, playing more!
- Having more trust in God - to know that I don’t need to try so hard - I can let go and let God more. Know that in my service to the greater good,
- Move in the direction of serving others and myself - and enjoying the journey!
- Listen to my heart’s desires and reach more towards my passions while serving others and know that I will be supported
- Knowing that my life experiences can serve as inspiration to others - My heartache and my journey and the tools I have learned along the way have a place in this world. I can help others to find their own light with the tools I have learned - and revel in the we joy of seeing others find their true selves :)
My 2015 Goals:
1. Show up every day - be fully present - by journaling and meditating daily
2. Listen to my heart, my fears, my desires and be honest with myself and others
3. Show up to the sweetness of the little details of life that I could miss if I don’t pay attention
4. Have honest conversations with the ones I love from the heart
5. Continue to ask how I might be able to serve God, myself, and others
6. Continue to follow the path that makes me happy
7. Continue to enjoy my family - my husband, my kids, my parents and my extended family
8. Have a successful yoga retreat to Greece, Santorini as this is the manifestation of everything above. It brings me the most joy in the world to see the transformation in such a small amount of time to everyone who shows up and is called for this special week. This truly is my calling :)
What are your reflections, hopes and dreams for the coming year? What is it that you want to create for 2015?